Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I have often walked down this street before



Last week during the Retro Bistro I got a call from a man who wanted to hear Mr. Mister. He said it reminded him of driving down the autobahn (the world's most famous super highways) when he was stationed in Germany. Boy did that bring back memories! I told him that I'm an Air Force brat and my family was stationed at Ramstein, Germany. (We didn't live on the military base though. We lived in a village called Erzenhausen.) We were also stationed at Yokota Air Base, Japan and I spent quite a bit of my junior high and high school years walking down this street in Harajuku. I'm pretty sure I even ate at that McDonald's - you can take the girl out of America but you can't take America out of the girl.

If you've ever wondered what life is like for military kids living overseas just give me a ring.


Harajuku